Elizabeth turned 8 months on the 17th. She has been practicing her sitting, crawling, feeding herself, and singing. She is very skilled at rolling onto her stomach in a flash - especially if you are changing her diaper or nursing. We are getting quite creative with that.
One of my favorite things right now is going to get her in the morning. I peek around the door and see her smiling face. I just love that surprised, happy expression. I also like watching her dexterity improve as she picks up cheerios one at a time and carefully puts them into her mouth.
Daddy likes her scrunched nose face and the funny huffing sound through her nose. He also plays a game with her where he holds her out in front of him and swings her back and forth while singing, "ding dong, ding dong." It's a family favorite.
She is into exploring things while moving around on her stomach or hands and knees. She loves any kind of paper, reading stories, and putting everything into her mouth for a good chew. She is definitely teething although none are visible yet.
Her favorite thing this past month was playing with Grandma DeAnn and Grandpa Harold who came to visit! We had many adventures together as we traveled to Israel, Jordan, and all over the UAE. Elizabeth loved all the extra cuddles from them.
Elizabeth's sleeping habits were the major casualty of traveling. Because we were always on the go, I was constantly holding her, literally all day. For a few months there, she was a champ at naps and sleeping through the night. I would just lay her down and she would fall asleep without a peep. But for the past week or so, it's screaming and protest at every opportunity. So now I am working on getting us all back onto a schedule that works.
We are doing sleep training right now. Elizabeth cries in her bed while I try to distract myself with blogging. So. . . the CIO method, huh? I feel like I don't know what I am doing! Feel free to leave advice in the comments, or happy encouragement, or mail me loads of chocolate. :)
We went to the doctor yesterday just to make sure she was okay despite all of the crying. It was a good check up. Her measurements surprised me a little.
Length: 66cm 16 percentile
Weight: 6.95kg 8 percentile
Head: 43cm 8 percentile
Elizabeth is a petite little thing! I am always a little concerned that she seems so slender, but the doctor reassured me that she is proportionate and healthy. The doc watched her sit and crawl and interact with us for a little bit and then said that Elizabeth is advanced in her development. She's small but doing very well.
Happy 8 months baby Elizabeth!






8 comments:
Oh my gosh, she is SO cute! I love her expressions, she is a doll. She looks very healthy to me, June was a super chunky chunk at that age, but every baby is different. (And her head was like 98th percentile then too lol). I guess be glad you don't have to lug around a huge baby all the time. :) Sorry you're going through the CIO stage. Its rough, but in a few months she'll be sleeping great and you'll forget all about that time. It's so strange how some things with babies are so rough and seem to last forever and consume your entire life and then suddenly they're over with and you've forgotten all about them. My advice is to put on headphones or get a noise machine for your room at night. She's safe in her crib.
I never could get sleep training to work. Don't know if I wasn't persistent enough or if some buddies just aren't made for sleep training. Dev's right, though. It really does feel all-consuming when they cry--like it'll never get better--but the time does pass and it gets easier. Until then, totally eat the chocolate.
You are an amazing mom! Don't worry about Elizabeth at all- she is healthy and beautiful and smart and just happens to be petite!! And I agree with Kerry, I think some babies get more worked up (tension increasers- like Charlie who would throw up) by crying it out and some babies release tension by crying. But what I've seen of Elizabeth (although she's probably totally different now!) is that she releases tension by crying. From what I've heard, CIO babies seem to catch on pretty quickly (like after a few nights you'll see an improvement). So hang in there!! You know what is best for your baby. And THE best thing for her is a well rested mom! She won't remember the CIO. Love you, you are awesome.
She's so cute! I love tiny babies. :)
How are things over there with all the unrest? I just looked up Bahrain, because I had no idea where it was. You guys are close!
Catty Pan! Elizabeth is SO lucky to have you and Richard as her parents. I must say that pic #3 looks just like you! However I see a lot of Richard in her too. I hope is well -
miss you
xoxo
Cute pictures! How can she be anything but brilliant. Good luck with the sleeping. Honestly even though I'm a pretty hard core baby wise parent I can't handle them crying for very long either. I set a timer for like 10 minutes and then I will go in and comfort and try some more. Good luck, that can be hard. I would also suggest trying the cry it out method in the day for now and not at night. Until she is established with getting to sleep on her own and a regular schedule during the day, it's not going to work so well at night, and who wants to listen to a screaming baby in the night. Anyway good luck, okay how many times can I say good luck?
Hey Catteroo!
She is so beautiful. I love her healthy glow! My advice is to be consistent in whatever you do... and pray. Definitely pray!
Love you!
What a cutie! We're looking forward to meeting her sometime. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment