Okay friends, I know that most of you unsubscribed from our blog after that embarrassing post with video of me hyperventilating to make our little Elizabeth laugh. Well, a lot has happened since then, so hopefully I can earn back some readership with some self-degrading prose and awesome pictures of Catherine and Elizabeth. Let's start where we left off, shall we?
So it turns out that we decided to take a spontaneous trip back to Salt Lake City in the end of September. Who knew??? Nobody, really, until we got there. Surprise! We'd been cooped up in our little apartment in Al Ain during the entire summer with little E and she was ready to venture out into the world. If you can imagine, she had never been on a walk OUTSIDE until the day we arrived in Salt Lake, when I promptly introduced her to nature walking through Bonneville Golf Course. It was heaven! I think E missed the sparkle and bling of the UAE Malls, but she adjusted pretty quickly. We took advantage of the amazing Fall weather and went outside every day.
Short story, we saw lots of family, not as many friends as we would have liked, but we had a delightful time in Utah. Since one of us has a job, I high-tailed back to the Middle East after a few weeks, and Catherine has remained with Elizabeth in Utah even until now. Oh the sorrow!!! Thanks to all for the memories and we'll be back next summer for more!
 |
| Spencer Cousins! Charlie, Lily, Elizabeth, and Sam |
 |
| Elizabeth's First Experience Going Outside in Cold Weather |
 |
| Cousin Taylor LOVES the outdoors! Sneakin' chips and sneakin' outside. Busted! |
 |
| Sometimes I get jealous of E's colorful socks. I don't think she gets jealous of my in-grown toenails |
 |
| Sometimes I like to explore my Anglo Saxon roots with some red and shaggy bearded awesomeness. It's also nice to see some hair on my head every once in a while. |
 |
| Catherine was not amused! :) |
 |
| Johnny T and Barbara brought little Che down to our house to visit, and some random helicopter landed in our back yard. What the??? Quick. Convenient. Extravagant. How much does a helicopter cost? |
 |
| Catherine and Elizabeth readying to hit the town in Style. How lucky can a guy get? |
 |
| Barbara and Catherine |
 |
| Halloween's over, but there's always next year, and these puppies are rain/wind/snow/hurricane/shatter/bomb proof. Scarecrow 2.0 |
 |
| Elizabeth kindly sharing her mobile with cousin Taylor. Taylor, next year it is on!!! |
 |
| That Golden Age where big people are horsey's |
 |
| Uncle Scotty holding Elizabeth for the first time! |
 |
| How can you resist this face?!?! |
That's all for now! I'm off to Salalah, Oman for the rest of the week. Salalah, by the way, is believed by scholars to be the "Land Bountiful" as described in 1st Nephi. I'll try to take some nifty photos. It's the Eid al Adha holiday (Islamic feast of the sacrifice) and I have the week off from work. Salaam!!!
3 comments:
Glad you had such a fun visit. She's growing up and is as cute as ever.
It's no question as to why your daughter is so beautiful with parents like that! You all need to come to PA next!!
So Amy just showed me your pictures, super cute baby, but that nasty stache better not be there next time we see you guys! I'm packin a razor!
Post a Comment