Our awesome friend and favorite chef, Joseph. Look at those smiles!
So here's the latest update. Richard and I checked out of the Hilton on Thursday because we now have the keys to our own place. It is great and I'm really excited to move in! It has 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bath. I took pictures of the emptiness and will post before and after pictures when we've moved in and decorated.
Thursday afternoon we drove to Abu Dhabi (about 90 minutes) with the youth in our branch for youth conference for the weekend. We had a great youth conference that lasted Thursday night to Saturday night. Happy Valentine's Day by the way!
Back in Al Ain, we are staying at my parents place for the next week or so while we are shopping for furniture and appliances and waiting for them to be delivered. For now, my job is getting things we need for the house and cleaning it.
Richard's job is going really well, he has a lot of responsibility and a huge task ahead of him, but I know he's capable and excited to be doing it. I feel like everything he's done in school and career has been getting him ready for this job. He is working really hard, developing things from the ground up, and getting a one of a kind experience. I'm really proud of him.
Keep reading our blog, we love to hear from you!!!
13 comments:
Miss you guys!!!
How great that you documented so much of your life in the Hilton. When are you ever going to live in a hotel again? I'm so excited that you have your own place now, and that you'll have the freedom to make it your own!
Yay! I love it when you guys post. So, Cat, while Rich is working have you just been seeing the sights and living it up in Dubai!? I'm excited to see pics of your new place... but I'm more excited to see you! I was thrilled to hear that you're coming back for a little while!
We miss you both tons!
We miss our cookie baby too and his adorable wife. Ha that is so funny. Sounds like things are great!
How exciting! I cant wait to see pictures of your new place! Good luck with the move and everything.
I can't believe how long you got to stay there. What a fun adventure. What will you do with no one to clean your rooms and leave you treats?
You were so spoiled there! Take those chefs with you!
It is so like you guys to get to know the staff so personally. You guys have the most friendly and out going personalities. That is why you two would do amazing anywhere and have friends everywhere.
So glad things are going well for you guys. Exciting that you got your own place. We miss you guys!
-- Melissa
i love following this adventure you're on!
I miss you guys and mom and dad. meh.
Still can't believe you are in Dubai! I miss you so much. We need to video chat sometime. I love that you guys made friends with all the hotel staff.
Ricardito--
Where's the love?!? After all we shared, no phone calls, no emails, no postcards...and I thought we had something between us (cry cry). Looks like you and Catherine are doing great. Catherine does a great job on the blog!
Post a Comment