Sunday, May 20, 2007

Catherine's Birthday!!!

Hello Everyone!!!






I must admit, it isn't easy to start a blog - I read all of these incredible entries from other people, and I think to myself, "self, this is an intimidating proposition!" But anyway, what better way to start a blog than for Catherine's birthday! Catherine turned 23 yesterday (May 19) and we had a great time celebrating. Catherine's friends from the ward came over on Friday night for the "Party of the Century," to use Rick Kone's phrase. We had salty appetizers, giant brownie ice cream sandwiches, and good times to boot.

A couple of highlights from the party were:

1) The Ugliest and Funniest Face Contest
2) The impromptu Poetry Reading
3) The rousing game of Cranium, where once again, the males have been sorely defeated

On Saturday, Catherine and I slept in (glorious) and had the Ahlmer's 7-layer dip for breakfast. We spent the day shopping at Target, Forever 21, the Gap, and a few other places at the Exton mall. After a Catnap (pun intended) in the afternoon, we went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner. My company, NewDay Financial, gave me a $150 loyalty bonus to Ruth's Chris, and last night was the perfect time to put it to use. Final bill for a steak dinner for two. . . $170.00!!! A little crazy, but delicious! After dinner, Catherine and I settled in at home, cuddled, and watched a movie. Happy Birthday, Catherine!!!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Shopping, napping, cuddling... this was Catherine's perfect day!!