Some big things have been happening around here. We have been sorting through our thoughts and options, but now I'm excited to tell you that we're moving! In 10 days!
We have decided to take an awesome position at a tech company in LAS VEGAS, BABY! Richard will be the General Manager of a "The InNEVation Center," a brand new initiative of a company called Switch. His day to day responsibilities will range from selecting new business startups for funding and support to organizing a new Angel Fund for Nevada and California.
About the timing. . . we're in a whirlwind over here. We just got back from a last minute trip to Istanbul, and now we're packing a container to ship the contents of our house, and flying out of the UAE on the 19th! We don't know where we will live, where the best schools are, none of that yet. We still have bags to pack and half of the earth to travel before we get to those minor details. ;)
Richard and I feel strongly that this decision is not only endorsed but facilitated by Heavenly Father. We are sorry to leave Abu Dhabi and we've had an incredible experience here over the last four years, but we're thrilled to be taking a position that puts us so much closer to home, family, and friends. Hurray!!! The life experiences we've had over the past 4 years have been so incredible. Living in the United Arab Emirates has brought us unique challenges and blessings. Two of our biggest blessings - the birth of both of our children. Here's a quick list of love it and leave its that I want to remember...
Highlights:
:: 2009 ::
Moving to Al Ain, UAE
Living in the Hilton for 10 weeks
Having Richard home so much (no more consulting hours)!
Having Richard home so much (no more consulting hours)!
Exploring the natural oasis, historic forts, and traditional Bedouin culture
Al Ain Branch Relationships / Callings as YW president and Primary president
Primary Program with Evander, Ianna,
Kai, and Jonah was one of the most tender moments of my life
Traveling through Europe for 6 weeks with Richard pre babies = epic!
:: 2010 ::
Elizabeth's healthy birth and my healthy birthing
Playing Carcassone with Richard all. the. time.
Elizabeth's first smile and laugh
Walking around Bawadi Mall with
Elizabeth in the Bjorn
Staying in Grand Millenium al Wahda,
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Wild Wadi
Walking along the Corniche
Finding the most amazing food at the hole in the wall restaurant, Nadeem
Our dear friend Nasim from Peshawar, Pakistan
:: 2011 ::
Elizabeth first steps
Elizabeth talking and learning colors,
counting, and so much more
Being pregnant with baby boy
Trip to Israel and Jordan with Richard,
Elizabeth, DeAnn, and Harold
Our family of three adventure to Sri
Lanka (Hikkaduwa Beachhouse, Kandy, Sigiriya)
Ras Al Khaimah trip
Being so involved in the Abu Dhabi Ward
with callings in Primary and the Relief Society Presidency
Strengthening friendships with other
young Mom's in Abu Dhabi: Shoni, Ngoc, Lula, Amna
Tutoring and getting to know Amna, my
Emirati friend
Laughing at all of the funny things
Elizabeth says and repeats like, “hot dangit!”
Dance parties with Richard and
Elizabeth
Weston and Julianne Visit - crazy
National Day celebration on the Corniche
Travis, Ryan, Tyler, and Adam Visit
Amazing Arabic and Indian food (butter chicken, daal makhni, tikka masala)
Furnishing and decorating our apartment with handmade rugs and hatta pots
:: 2012 ::
The birth of our son, Mark Richard
Enjoying friends; Ngoc, Shoni, Lulaa, Uzma, Amna, Bates, Sneha, Kera, Cheshma, Cate, Katie, Karen Marie, Gemma, Julietta, Michelle, Audrey, ...
Weather perfection during the winter months
Success with homemade Chicken Biryani and Hummus
4 day trip to Istanbul with Mark sans Elizabeth (Thanks again Kofoed's)
4 day trip to Istanbul with Mark sans Elizabeth (Thanks again Kofoed's)
:: Not my fav ::
the HEAT and humidity
My back injury
Elizabeth's Colic with no family around to help - ya kiddin' me?
Standing on the hot, crowded train for
hours while pregnant and with toddler in Sri Lanka
Pregnant with the stomach flu while
Richard was also sick and entertaining guests
The scary water man who almost got me (long story)
Elizabeth and Mark's Tuberculosis Vaccination and Subsequent Scar
*written by Rich and Cat*
11 comments:
Oh my goodness!!!! I am so excited, I so needed this fabulous news this week. Oh, may you have the energy and best behaved little ones during this transition! I truly am so excited for your family! Loves to you all.
Congratulations on the new opportunity! I can't imagine what an amazing four years you have had!
Wahoo! We are so excited for you to be so much closer to home! What an amazing experience you have had living there. You have both grown so much- you'll be forever enriched by your time there. (As have we vicariously through you!)
Back in the US?!?!?!? YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! I just squealed over here!!!
How exciting! What an experience you've had. I bet it will be nice being close to home. Congrats. P.S. next time I see you I'm going to ask you to tell me about the scary water man!
Sounds like you've had some amazing times! My sister in law used to live in Vegas, they were in Summerland and loved it, very nice community of Vegas and only about 10-15 min from the strip.
^ this is from Emily Terry ^
Wow! Congratulations! That is super exciting. What a big change. I'm way happy for you and hope this means that I'll get to see you more often. I still have so many questions for you. :) Best wishes with the move!
CAN'T WAIT!!!! :)
Good luck with the move and congratulations on the job. We wish you the best. Love your year(s) in review. So fun!
Wow. I'm so glad you guys are coming back. I can't believe you were there for so long. I don't know if I could have moved across the world like that. I so want the full long story about the water man.
Post a Comment