Friday, December 16, 2011

Elizabeth at 18 months



Her vocal development is really progressing, she is talking a ton. She repeats the last word of many sentences I say. Now that she can communicate more easily she is no longer screaming all of time, and I'm so grateful for that. :)

She can kind of count to 10 by herself, although the number 4 is tricky for her.

Sings the ABC's - about one third of the letters are recognizable

Can identify a few colors - yellow, red, pink, green, white, and sometimes blue

Often shakes her head and says no no no no in rapid succession (learned that from Daddy :)

Gives me kisses and hugs unprompted :) Blows kisses and waves hello to strangers.

I have to convince her to let me do many things lately, like change her diaper or sit in her high chair. But if I talk her though what we are doing, then it goes well. 

Likes eating popcicles, pasta, granny smith apples, and dried berries. Likes to eat with a fork and spoon like the adults do, and she's quite good at it.

Has switched from being a Daddy's girl to being super clingy to me. Does not like to be held by anyone other than Mommy, Daddy, or Papa (much to the chagrin of her Mommy with a big pregnant belly)

Loves music, to sing, and to dance. Bobs her head and closes her eyes when she hears a good beat.

Loves jewelry and will say, "Pitty neckass, pitty bacelet," (pretty necklace, pretty bracelet)


Likes to take her baths with the shower on too, raining down over her head. Then she'll lay on her stomach and kick her feet back and forth into the stream of water.


Has loved having so many visitors stay with us this month. First one of my best friends Julianne and her husband. Then the next day our brother-in-law Travis and his 3 boys. Just today she asked for  Weston and Julianne.

Knows her name and says it, "Libazeth."

When we say prayers together at night, I tell her what to say and she repeats it. Part of that is praying for baby brother. Now she has learned to point to my belly when she talks about baby brother.





Richard and I have had a busy month with touring visitors around and Richard has been out of town a lot with work. Although it's not easy to take care of our active toddler alone while being 30 weeks pregnant, I'm so glad that I can stay home with her and have her as my little buddy.



3 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, I have tears in my eyes! I miss her so much. You are such a wonderful mom to teach her so many things. It's hard to practice those nice manners, sitting in the high chair, holding still for a diaper change- over and over and over again but you (and Richard) are doing it!

I love her little pig tails and her dress. Too darling.

Jarom and Melissa said...

She's growing up and TOTALLY adorable. These photos are so fun. I absolutely love that little dress. It's so cute. Keep up the good work with her!

The Cannons said...

She is a smarty pants. You are a good mom!