Saturday, November 19, 2011

17 months




Is this cute or what?! Just look at those matching cheesy grins. :)

Elizabeth is very vocal and very active. I have a few friends here with toddlers the same age and it's always a blast to have them play together but also interesting to see the differences in development.

Right now I am loving her sense of humor. She is full of silly faces and mischievous looks. We giggle and tease each other a lot and she also does this low chortle laugh that is so contagious.

She says the ABC's with me. I say one and she repeats it. Also, she loves it when we sing the song. Dang cute. She is kind of obsessed with the letter f and has to say that one at least 7 times before moving on. She is also trying to count to 10. When she thinks I'm not listening I've heard her say it by herself, but she gets stage fright when I ask her to do it.

She is tall and slender, but deceptively strong and loves to climb everything. The other day she did a pull up, seriously. She is one of those active kids that will always have a bump or a bruise from being so active.

Right now she's getting her molars and this round of teething is making her so moody. Poor little thing must be really hurting. What's hurting me are the tantrums that have arrived with the teething. I think it's a combination of the teething and the age, but we're talking "rolling on the floor, scream it out" episodes. Yeesh.

She hasn't been the best eater these days, which also might have to do with her age and teething.  Her favorite thing right now is green apples. When she is about to eat something she's excited about she gives out a low oooooh laugh. 

She has learned new things that keep me on my toes like opening doors, twisting a cap off of a bottle, putting random things in the garbage - fun stuff like that. 

She loves to dance to anything that resembles music by bouncing her knees, swaying, clapping, picking up the sides of her skirt and twirling. She does a fast feet dance when she's happy and ready to go outside.

She is very clingy and needs lots of cuddles, but I like the cuddles because she's never really been that into snuggling up.

She is friendly and likes to wave to strangers. Walking down the street or riding an escalator, she loves the get someone's attention and make a quick connection with a smile. 

We love this cheeky little monkey!




26 weeks pregnant with baby boy!

3 comments:

Barb said...

I just love you guys! What a great update on our little Elizabeth. You are looking great, Cat!

Ashley said...

Okay, if I didn't know better, I'd say you were lying about how far along you are; you. look. FANTASTIC. I can see both of you guys in Elizabeth's sweet little face and it just makes her so lovable and beautiful.

She's just precious!!

Deb said...

She's getting so big! And as always, so cute!